If you’re one of Amazon’s almost 10 million sellers, you already know how hard it can be to maintain your competitive edge. Thankfully, Amazon PPC advertising offers a cost-effective way to get your products in front of customers and boost your bottom line. But PPC advertising isn’t something you’re expected to understand as an Amazon seller—as digital marketers, PPC is more in our wheelhouse.
Here at Wedgewood Marketing, we’ve run dozens of PPC campaigns on Amazon, search engines, and social media. So we know a thing or two about how PPC works. Here, we’re breaking down the fundamentals of Amazon PPC so you can decide whether an Amazon PPC agency is a worthwhile investment. Whether you’re a small business in a big ecommerce pond or a seasoned dropshipper, here’s everything you need to know about Amazon PPC.
Understanding Amazon PPC Advertising
Amazon PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising allows sellers like you to promote products on Amazon. Like other forms of PPC, you pay each time a user clicks your ad. It’s an effective way to increase product visibility, drive more traffic to your listings, and boost your sales. There are three types of Amazon PPC advertising:
- Sponsored Products appear within search results and on product detail pages. They are targeted based on specific keywords.
- Sponsored Brands appear at the top of search results and feature your logo, a custom headline, and a selection of your products. They are targeted based on specific keywords and you pay only when a user clicks on the ad.
- Sponsored Display Ads appear on product detail pages and are targeted based on customer interests, product or brand targeting, and other factors.
Amazon PPC allows you to set a budget for your ad campaigns, target specific audiences, and track ad performance in real-time. An Amazon PPC Agency can optimize your campaigns to achieve a higher ROI with minimal ad spend.
How Long Does It Take For Amazon PPC to Work?
Amazon PPC starts delivering impressions and clicks within a few hours of campaign creation. Within 48 hours, you’ll begin to see campaign stats populate on the dashboard. At that point, your Amazon PPC agency may begin tweaking your ads to maximize impact. It may take some time—perhaps a few weeks—to get the full picture of your performance.
How Much Should You Spend On Amazon PPC?
You can use an Amazon keyword tool to get an idea of the estimated cost-per-click for your keywords and then set your budget accordingly. Your ad spend will vary depending on your market. However, a general rule of thumb is to allocate 10-15% of your product’s selling price towards advertising costs. For example, if your product sells for $20, you may want to budget $2-$3 towards PPC ads. Your Amazon PPC agency will consult with you about your budget, perform keyword research, and help you create a high-ROI campaign that aligns with your budget and needs.
What Is Amazon PPC Management?
Amazon PPC Management is a service offered by Amazon PPC agencies to help businesses with their PPC campaigns. If you’re an Amazon retailer in Charlotte, you might consider enlisting the help of a Charlotte PPC agency. Here’s how a Charlotte PPC agency can help:
- Keyword Research: A PPC agency can identify the most relevant and high-performing target keywords.
- Campaign creation: Your PPC manager will create campaigns with the appropriate targeting options, ad types, and bidding strategies.
- Ad copywriting: Your Charlotte PPC agency will write compelling ad copy that highlights your product’s unique selling points.
- Campaign monitoring: A good PPC manager will monitor your campaigns and continuously track campaign performance.
- Campaign optimization: Your PPC agency will conduct A/B testing and adjust your campaigns accordingly to ensure effectiveness.
- Data reporting: Your Charlotte PPC agency will generate regular reports to analyze campaign performance and keep you abreast of your position.
Start Boosting Sales with Amazon PPC Advertising
Your Amazon storefront is one of many millions—but with the right Amazon PPC strategy, you can gain a competitive edge and drive more sales. The right PPC strategy can put your product front-and-center when customers search for products like yours, and an Amazon PPC agency can help build a bulletproof PPC strategy. If you’re ready to put your PPC strategy on autopilot, contact your local Charlotte PPC agency to get the ball rolling on your next Amazon PPC campaign.
Wedgewood Marketing is a Charlotte-based digital marketing agency dedicated to helping local businesses thrive with creative, data-driven digital strategy. To start building your brand online, get your free marketing plan today.